Friday, January 2, 2009

Ben Stein's Answer To The Bad Economy

Ben Stein is someone I admire and respect.  He is a great conservative thinker and uses logic in his commentaries. You may remember him from his role in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Bueller, Beuller). But, that's not all he's done. He was a speechwriter for Richard Nixon and he was part of Reagan's economic team for a while. He also put out a movie recently that I highly recommend. It's titled Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. It was released on DVD a couple of weeks ago. He recently had a commentary on CBS Sunday Morning which I thought was great. You can read it here. In the second to the last paragraph he talks about stimulating the economy by donating money to charity. This is exactly what we want to do with Stimulate Columbia MO. WE can help get the economy going by donating money locally. Government is not the answer. I think if Ben knew about the little project we had going on, he would get behind it. 

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I love Ben Stein.
    Did you see his Expelled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Max, did you not read the whole blog? I totally pushed his movie. It was the best!

    ReplyDelete