Monday, June 15, 2009

Another Unconventional Church

It seems that unconventional is in these days when it comes to churches. Just look at my church. Karis Community Church doesn't even own a building, just a small trailer that we pack our stuff into. We meet at the Missouri Theater in downtown Columbia, unless there is a scheduling conflict and then we have to go somewhere else, like The Upper Crust. There is nothing conventional about that. But I kind of like it that way. Our Worship Pastor even wrote a blog article back in March about our church being "Portable." Check that out here.

One of the programs I enjoy watching is the CBS Sunday Morning Show. I record it each week and then watch it when I get a chance. There is always an interesting mix of stories that always seems to be interesting. A couple of weeks ago they aired a story about a drive-in church in Florida. At first I thought, "Why would anyone go there?" And, "How effective could that be?" But then I thought how great it is that someone is thinking outside the box. Maybe this is an opportunity to connect people with the Gospel who wouldn't otherwise go to church.

Take a look below and watch the story for yourself. I would be interested to see any comments you may have after you watch it. Keep in mind, this is not a venue for a theological debate. Based on some of the comments the pastor makes I probably wouldn't agree with much of what he believes. Watch this with the mindset of a new way to reach people.

Happy watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment