Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mizzou Basketball

Thanks to the University of Missouri donating some tickets to Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Jamel and I were able to go see a basketball game last night in Mizzou Arena.  We had a great time.  Mizzou beat Centenary 80-52. Jamel and I enjoyed the game and we got a chance to become a little better acquainted.  

Our next activity is scheduled for New Year's Day (tomorrow).  We will join some folks at Karis in serving dinner at the Loaves & Fishes soup kitchen in downtown Columbia.  This is an on-going project for one of our Community Groups at Karis as they try to meet the needs of some of Columbia's homeless residents.  Jamel seems to be excited about serving with us tomorrow.  He asked me the question last night, "Why are we doing that?"  I got to explain to him that helping people who need it is a really good thing to do.  I'm hoping that over the next year I can show Jamel how important it is to serve others.

By the way, he told me last night that his mother and brothers really enjoyed the sugar cookies that we made last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment