Thursday, March 12, 2009

Flight of the Concorde

It's no secret that I'm an aviation enthusiast. So, when I came across this video I had to put it on my blog. Mainly so I would always have it to see whenever I desire. The Concorde was the only supersonic passenger aircraft that has ever been in service. It was flown only by British Airways and Air France. The few that were in service were grounded and retired a few years ago after one of the Air France Concorde's crashed during takeoff in Paris. 

This airplane was on the top of my list of airplane's I wanted to fly on, but now that will never happen. So, the next closest thing is watching some video from the flight deck. Even though this aircraft flew at supersonic speeds, the cockpit was anything but advanced. It was designed in the 60's and was never really updated over the years. It flew with a 3-man crew until it was retired.

This video starts at 57,000 feet over the Atlantic Ocean with the Concorde flying supersonic. It shows the crew slowing the plane down and descending into New York City for a landing at JFK. It is very cool video and a great piece of aviation history. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment