Sunday, April 5, 2009

Target Practice

I went to Paris on Saturday and got some practice in with my new Mossburg 500 12 gauge shotgun. I met up with my co-worker Heather and her husband Dave. Dave is the Sheriff of Monroe County. This video shows me shooting my first rounds from the gun. After some practice at the Monroe County Gun Club Range, we then went back to Heather and Dave's house where we shot some trap. This was the first time I had ever shot trap and I shot right around 40%. I was told that wasn't bad for the first time. After shooting around 150 rounds through my new shotgun I ended up with a nice bruise on my shoulder.

This video is me shooting the MP-5 that the Sheriff's Department owns. It is a fully automatic .40 caliber gun with a 40 round magazine. I shot the first few rounds in single-shot mode, then I moved the selector to fully automatic to finish the magazine. I was surprised this gun had almost no recoil. Later, Dave put the suppressor on this gun and I shot it without ear protection. It didn't completely silence the gun, but it made it no louder than someone clapping their hands lightly next to your ear. The Sheriff's Department uses this gun when they do drug raids.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty tight. We should go shooting the next time you're in town. My dad really likes his new hand-gun. And I'm trying to understand where my parents are coming from; it's just a little frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty sweet shooting that MP5!! You might what to take this video off the internet before you are put on a goverment watch list...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete